On Saturday the 30th of October 2011 we signed and handed over the necessary money and paper work to complete buying our new building.
We had been using a small office, running our informal education, for 15 vulnerable children and we were pleased to be able to move into a bigger space.
Building work is now completed for our new community building, you can see from the slideshow below that we have,
- Put in windows to a building which had none previously
- Extended the building to allow for more space in the classroom
- Started rendering the walls in and outside
- Moved 1 set of doors, originally round the front, to the back to be more private and not distract what is happening inside the classroom
- Purchased and inserted 2 metal doors for security and long lasting reasons
- Finished rendering
- Put a wooden ceiling in to keep the room clean and cool all year round
- Painted newly rendered walls
- And much more
Below is a slideshow of our newly bought building and the progress made before our school opened on 30th January 2012.